hi! i'm danielle.
Okay, let's be real. "About" pages are kinda really weird, right?
I mean, I could describe what I think I am — what I think my art is — in esoteric, flowery poetics. But that's a bit too pretentious. Or I could take the objective third-person: "Danielle is this, Danielle makes that." But, like, can we as inherently subjective beings ever achieve true objectivity? (I'm really fun at parties. I swear.) Maybe I just won't write anything. After all, saying nothing always says something. No, I've gotta put something about myself here. I pay too much money for this minimalist fancy-pants website to not introduce myself.
"fun" "facts" (depending on your definitions of both terms) about danielle zabielski:
- I have a pixie cut. The longer my hair gets, the less like myself I feel.
- My eyes are hazel, but I have these turquoise rings around my pupils. I was really excited about my remarkable irises until I found out those rings are caused by significant amounts of stress.
- I just realized that both of the above facts are appearance-related and now I'm stressed. Cue the formation of more iris rings.
- Four is my favorite number!
- I paint, draw, write, sing, make music, take photographs, you-name-it. Yet I have trouble calling myself an artist. Cal Schenkel once told me, "You're either an artist or you're not. Call yourself one."
- So. I'm... an artist?
- I'm an artist.